May 4th - May 12th

I'm headed on my third trip to Africa with World Vision. We will be taking a video crew in order to document several projects and stories of World Vision's work in Ethiopia. Traveling with me is Rich Stearns (President of World Vision) and Christian author Max Lucado. You can join us by following the blog and sponsoring a child from Ethiopia.

What book did Bill Hybels recently order 10,000 copies of for his congregation?

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day One Ethiopia.

Our first stop was our National Office where we met the staff and learned more about our week in Ethiopia. World Vision has over 200,000 sponsored children in Ethiopia. What is really cool is that countries around the world sponsor children as well as America. We sponsor about 75,000 of the children. Korea was the first country that World Vision ever worked – the first sponsored child was there. Today, Korea sponsors over 30,000 children in Ethiopia alone. It is great to see countries break the cycle of poverty.

We moved to another hotel closer to the projects where we are working. My room is small but has a fan! It was very warm today, somewhere close to 90. The roads here are quite good compared to the other countries I’ve been too (Uganda, Malawi and Zambia). We have seven Land Cruisers in our caravan. There is internet available in a business center in the lobby but I haven’t explored it yet. I guess if you’re reading this I found a way to post it as my phone is still not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment