May 4th - May 12th

I'm headed on my third trip to Africa with World Vision. We will be taking a video crew in order to document several projects and stories of World Vision's work in Ethiopia. Traveling with me is Rich Stearns (President of World Vision) and Christian author Max Lucado. You can join us by following the blog and sponsoring a child from Ethiopia.

What book did Bill Hybels recently order 10,000 copies of for his congregation?

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Community Center

Today we visited a community project that we partner with that promotes HIV/Aids awareness and testing. The ceremony consisted of a gift exchange, music, breaking of bread and coffee. I’m not a coffee drinker at all but this dark rich coffee wasn’t too bad at all. They roasted the beans by hand and ground them right there with a bowl and mortar. There was a little five year old boy there who wrote a poem and read it.

I am a little child who needs a lot of things
My mind is geared up to do something faster
So please my audiences listen me once
For your optimal care to me

I can not be handy for my family and my country
Left being problem to the entire society

I want to play cheerful
I want to talk short histories
I want to play foot ball

So if I get those things
After completeing my education
I will be like Obama

Either to be a Doctor or Pilot
Either to be a teacher or engineer
We are the one who work by our selves
Either to be a computer instructor or even a guard

Unless we learn keenly
Time will pass our childhood never back again

No comments:

Post a Comment